Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The chandelier of my Old Soul dreams


So, while I was on a photo shoot at a lovely Coral Gables home in Miami, I came across the chandelier of my dreams!

The modern brushed metal bar had an industrial feel but the vintage inspired chandelier crystals were so sweet and feminine. I nagged the photographer to take a few shots of it for me. After some research, I found out that it's the Cellula Chandelier from DWR made with Swarovski crystals and retails for about $2600.
















Cellula Chandelier at DWR
http://www.dwr.com/product/lighting/ceiling/chandeliers/cellula-chandelier-complete-set.do?sortby=ourPicks

I think I'm going to take a stab of recreating it with the help of my handy brother, René. I'm going to hit up the old Pocono flea markets where I've seen tons of old crystals for sale.
I may even mix it up and make it colorful. I'll try to post pics once I'm done with my Old Soul creation. Stay tuned, it may take me while.




No comments:

Post a Comment